If you're looking for an experienced, insured, ASHI Certified home inspector using the latest technology to inspect your dream house, give us a
call. There are people performing home inspections fresh out of home inspector school or on a part-time basis for very little money. They have very little experience, no insurance,
and you'll get a check list report with no pictures in a day or two. You'll have to pay cash or write the check directly to the inspector since their "business" is on the side. If you're shopping for a home inspector here are some questions to ask your potential inspector:
- Are you licensed? This is kind of a trick question as there is currently no licensing of Home Inspectors in the State of Minnesota.
- Do you belong to a trade association? We are Certified Home Inspectors through ASHI. ASHI Certified Inspectors are the only home inspectors who have completed a recognized
certification process. There are less than 30 ASHI Certified Inspectors servicing the
Minneapolis / St. Paul area.
- Is your report a handwritten checklist? All MHI reports are computer generated with professional software and include digital photos. Compare our sample report with their sample report (if they even have one).
- Will I receive my report the same day? All MHI reports are available the same day. Even at the inspection if necessary.
- How many inspections have you performed? Never ask how long they've been in business as they could be inspecting homes part time and only inspected 500 homes in the past 10
years. Our inspectors have inspected thousands of homes, full time, for the past several years, throughout the Twin Cities.
- Can I attend the inspection? We encourange our clients to attend the entire inspection. Be wary of the inspectors who don't want you to attend or only want you to show up at the
end so they can get paid.
- Do you charge by the square foot? At Minnesota Home Inspectors we do. It's really none of our business what you're paying for your home and the purchase price has nothing to do
with the amount of work we have to do during the inspection.
- Do you utilize a thermal imaging device? We utilize a FLIR handheld thermal imaging camera to assist us in finding water leaks and hot electrical connections...at no extra
- Is my personal information safe? Many home inspectors will sell your name and contact information to alarm companies, home warranty companies and recall notification companies.
Minnesota Home Inspectors will never sell or give your personal information to anyone, ever.
- Do you include Carbon Monoxide testing? All home inspections done through Minnesota Home Inspectors include carbon monoxide testing of gas burning appliances utilizint
professional HVAC testing equipment.
- Can you provide Radon tesing? Minnesota Home Inspectors owns three Continuous Radon Monitors (CRMs). The fastest way to obtain certified radon test results meeting the EPA
There is no state regulation of Home Inspectors in Minnesota. So make sure your
Home Inspector is a professional Home Inspector. One who does it for a living, is nationally certified by the American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI), and stand behind their work. We
All MHI inspections follow the ASHI Standard Of Practice and include:
- Structural System
- Roof System
- Plumbing System
- Electrical System
- Heating System
- Air Conditioning Systems
- Insulation and Ventilation
- Fireplaces and Solid Fuel Burning Appliances
At Minnesota Home Inspectors we go
beyond the ASHI standards and include:
- Carbon Monoxide testing of the gas fired appliances
- Thermal Imaging of suspected water pipe leaks and overheated electrical
- Physically walking the roof when it can be safely accomplished
- Non invasive moisture testing of visible areas
- Temperature difference testing of the central air conditioning
- Gas pipe leak detection
- Decks, balconies, and porches
- Kitchen and laundry appliances
The typical home inspection takes between 2 1/2 and 3 1/2 hours.
We encourage our clients to attend the entire inspection. Not only do we inform our clients about the deficiencies, we also take the time to educate them regarding maintenance of the systems in their
Our inspection reports are completed before we leave the home. We email the report in PDF format to the client and (with the client's permission) their agent the same day, typically within the
Before you leave the inspection you'll receive your inspector's direct cell phone number. Feel free to call us directly at any time. We're happy to answer any and all questions.
But don't just call us for home inspections. We also do:
- Property Maintaintenance Inspections
- Bank Inspections
- Radon Testing
- Light Commercial Inspections
- Limited Scope Inspections (you pick the systems you need inspected)
We are able to provide next day inspections with the reports delivered the same
day. We service the following cities and counties in Minnesota: Minneapolis, St Paul, Woodbury, Maplewood, Maple Grove, Savage, Roseville, Apple Valley, Brooklyn Park, Maple Grove, Stillwater, White
Bear Lake, Hugo, Little Canada, North St. Paul, Lino Lakes, Shoreview, Prior Lake, Lakeville, Farmington, Hastings, Hennepin, Ramsey, Washington, Anoka, Sherburne, Carver, Wright, Scott, Dakota,
Southern Isanti, and Southern Chisago.